Kokai u. 2, HUNGARY
Solana Beach Presbyterian Church partners with Bela and Ildiko Dobos, missionaries at Word of Life (WOL) Bible Institute Hungary. WOL reaches out to Hungarian youth so they can hear the Gospel, follow Christ, and share Him with others. Each year, over 1000 summer campers can hear the gospel in a high-energy and creative format on a beautiful 78-acre campus. Béla has served at WOL since 2005 in street evangelism and prison ministry. Ildikó serves as the Director of Administration and helped establish WOL Hungary in 1989.
COVID-19 Update: “The Hungarian government declared a national crisis, and all classroom teaching is now suspended. Rapidly, a small graduation was organized and 58 students went home to 12 countries in 3 days’ time; it was heartbreaking to see them go before their time was over in our Bible Institute. We are both continuing to disciple, serve, and encourage others online, by phone and whatever platform we can find. Summer camps are planned as usual, but whether we will be able to complete them is still uncertain. Fall enrollment numbers in the Bible Institute are an even bigger question.”
How you can help:<table><tbody><tr><td>
- Pray that God may bring a great awakening out of this pandemic worldwide.
- Pray that we will be able to have a full summer of camps and satellite camps, with many making decisions for Christ.
- Pray for the health and safety of our students and staff during the epidemic.
- Pray that our students would be able to successfully complete their studies online.
- Pray that we will have a Fall Bible School enrollment of at least 60 students, with only minimal cancellations due to COVID-19.
Due to coronavirus effects, WOL is facing their biggest financial challenge yet. Students were not able to pay their final school payments, and a number of rentals were cancelled, resulting in huge losses. All staff received a 20% pay cut, 6 staff members have been laid off, a vehicle was sold, and other belt-tightening measures have been taken, but this will still not be enough to cover a $200,000 gap in losses at Word of Life Hungary. Any help would be greatly appreciated to keep Word of Life Hungary running.
A. Give online: https://give.wol.org/BelaDobos
B. Make checks payable to:
Word of Life Fellowship Inc.
PO Box 600,
Schroon Lake NY 12870
Memo: “Dobos support #05034S”
Learn More: https://www.wolbi.hu/