1501 Imperial Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101
Father Joe's Services are More Critical Than Ever. Up-to-date Information: https://my.neighbor.org/how-father-joes-villages-is-responding-to-covid-19/Father Joe's Villages' Emergency Response Fund
Donate to Father Joe’s Villages Emergency Response Fund >>
Right now, this is an evolving situation. With reports of Covid-19 (the disease caused by coronavirus) increasing, we are in frequent contact with local authorities and actively implementing emergency response plans to best protect the health and safety of our clients, staff and volunteers.
Continuing Critical Services
While California Governor Gavin Newsom issued a stay-at-home order to California residents, Father Joe’s Villages has been deemed an emergency service and will continue to provide health care, meals, shelter and more to those who need it most.
At this time, we are providing the following critical care to neighbors in need:
- Crucial shelter and housing to families, veterans, and people living with chronic illness, immunodeficiencies and disability.
- Daily to-go meals to those who are hungry through our Franklin Antonio Public Lunch Program and to residents in our shorter-term shelter programs.
- We are continuing to offer showers and laundry through the San Diego Day Center.
- And, we are providing critical health care services, screening and assessment for COVID-19 through our Village Health Center and Street Health program.
- We are working with the City and County of San Diego to offer and support shelter options that would provide a safe place for our neighbors to get off the streets, including quarantine and isolation spaces, through the San Diego Convention Center and County motels/hotels.
- Our Outreach Team continues to travel out into the community to focus on disseminating accurate health information and resources to people living on the streets.