Last Updated: November 17, 2013
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that you provide to us. We may also collect information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, image, telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender, your location (such as ZIP code and/or country), and other demographic or profile information and we may ask you to complete a survey or send us a review.
- Information from Social Network Services (including Facebook). If you choose to provide us with access to an account you have with a social networking service then we may collect certain account related information. For example, our Service allows you to create and/or associate an account on our Service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect. If you choose to connect to the 5000Hands Service through Facebook Connect, then 5000Hands will access the following information, if available: the primary email address you associate with your Facebook account, your gender, name, your birthdate, your country or locale and your Facebook ID.
How we use the information we collect
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- to deliver invitations and/or other products and services that you have requested and/or purchased;
- share information you have voluntarily provided about yourself with event manager or other registered user who have been invited to the same events;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our business partners or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Information from Social Network Services (including Facebook). We will use the personal information that you allow us to access from your Social Network Services account to either create an account for you on the 5000Hands Service or, if you already have an account on the 5000Hands Service, then simply to associate your current 5000Hands account with your Social Network Services account. For example, if you already have an account with 5000Hands and you choose to connect your Facebook account with 5000Hands, then 5000Hands will associate your Facebook ID with your 5000Hands account to allow you to log in to your 5000Hands account through with your Facebook ID.
Financial information. If you provide us with financial information or payment information for the purpose of transacting on our service, then we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Please review "Your choices about collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share information.
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information you have provided to us or that we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Other Users. Users and/or guests invited to the same events as you may be able to view the personal information that you provide on your My Account page. Users and/or guests invited to the same events as you or included in the same communications as you will also be able to see the content of any messages your post or send related to the event.
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, printing and mailing physical invitations and communications, processing credit card payments, processing the redemption and accounting for 5000Hands services, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality and data and technology infrastructure, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations, or engage in promotions offered through website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Aggregated and non-personal and hashed information: We may share aggregated and/or non-personal and/or information that has been “hashed” that we collect under any of the above circumstances. “Hashed” information is information that has been converted to an anonymized string of characters in a manner to prevent third parties from unscrambling the anonymized string of characters to recover the underlying information. We may share such information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal and/or hashed information we collect with additional information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated and/or non-personal and/or hashed information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Please be advised that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us